Countdown is on to the Fall 2018 Round Top Antiques Show
The countdown is on to the Fall 2018 Round Top Antiques Show. The Round Top Antiques Show dates primarily fall between Sept. 20 and Oct. 7, with some of the 60-plus venues, barns, stores and fields opening earlier and closing later. Get a first glance here.
The Round Top Antiques Show, with roots stretching back to 1968 and a single weekend at a single location, today encompasses Round Top, Warrenton, Burton, Fayetteville, Carmine and Kenney. In addition, to the 50 or so show-focused venues, there are year-round antiques stores who have special hours to accommodate the estimated 100,000 shoppers who make the twice-a-year-trek to Fayette and Washington counties for antiques, vintage, junk, as well as food, libations, music—and memory-making camaraderie.
New for fall, The Boneyard at Round Top featuring Mark Bowe of Barnwood Living, and a return to Big Red Barn and Marburger Farm Antique Show anchoring the show’s final week. Special events are planned at Old Glory, Junk Gypsy World Headquarters, among others.
Savvy show shoppers make lodging reservations early and to allow multiple days to fully experience the show, whether they’re staying in the area—or making day trips..
The third Designer Dream Spree also returns to The Compound. In addition, book signings and chef-prepared dinners are among the extras to expect for fall. Text SCHEDULE to 345345 to receive a daily email beginning Sept. 20 featuring show openings and special events.
Advertisers in the upcoming 132-page Round Top Antiques Show Guide (available via subscription or in the Roundtopolis™ in early September) report their open/close dates as follows:
- The Arbors Round Top: Sept. 26-Oct. 6
- Bader Ranch at Round Top: Sept. 20-Oct. 7
- The Boneyard at Round Top: Sept. 20-Oct. 7
- The Compound: Sept. 22-Oct. 6
- Cowboy Corner: Sept. 21-Oct. 7
- Ettiene Market: Sept. 20-Oct. 7
- Henkel Square Market at Henkel Hall: Sept. 26-Oct. 7
- Humble Donkey/Lower 40 Found Objects: Sept. 20-Oct. 7
- Junk Gypsy World Headquarters: Sept. 20-Oct. 7 (also at Zapp Hall in Warrenton Sept. 27-Oct. 6.)
- Marburger Farm Antique Show: Oct. 2-6
- McLaren’s Antiques & Interiors: Sept. 15-Oct. 7
- Old Glory Texas: Sept. 21-Oct. 7
- Round Top Vintage Market: Sept. 21-Oct. 7
- Townsend Provisions: Sept. 20-Oct. 7
- Big Red Barn & Continental Tent Oct. 1-6
- McCall Style: Sept. 15-Oct. 7
- Bar W Field: Sept. 20-Oct. 7
- Cole’s Antiques Show: Sept. 27-Oct. 7
- Ex-Cess I & II: Sept. 25-Oct. 6, with early shoppers welcome during set up Sept. 17
- Granny McCormick’s Yard: Sept. 27-Oct. 6
- Junk Hippy at Lone Star Gallery: Sept. 22-23 for early shopping; Sept. 26-Oct. 5
- Recycling the Past: Sept. 20-Oct. 7 (also at Ex-Cess I)
- Warrenton Antique Barn: Sept. 15-Oct. 7
- Antiques on the Square: Sept. 21-Oct. 1